On All the Internet I Need Is on My Smartphone

@EA_Mann Sadly no!!! But texting my boyfriend who did have internet and a smartphone served the same purpose??? (It was temporary which is the only reason I survived without it)

Posted on April 9, 2015 at 1:24 pm 0

On Let's Talk About Philanthropy

@honey cowl SHOULDA READ THE OTHER COMMENTS FIRST

Posted on April 9, 2015 at 11:59 am 0

On Let's Talk About Philanthropy

One thing I love to do is donate blood. Even when you are the brokest (which thankfully I no longer am), you can give an important (and literal) piece of yourself every 8 weeks. Good solution, maybe, for those who want to give but no longer can?

Posted on April 9, 2015 at 11:58 am 1

On "What About Presents?": How My Relationship Changed When We Merged Finances

@steponitvelma This is what my fiancé and I do too -- put a set amount of $$ in the joint account every month (really, every week for me; twice a month for him, since that's when we get paid). I think once we're married we plan to move direct deposit to our joint account, and then transfer "allowances" out to our personal accounts.

Posted on April 8, 2015 at 4:20 pm 0

On All the Internet I Need Is on My Smartphone

I lived without it for a year, and didn't have a smartphone at the time. I read a lot.

Posted on April 8, 2015 at 11:59 am 0

On The Cost Of Things: Going From NY To DC And Back Again

East coast tolls, man. They confuse and baffle me.

Posted on April 6, 2015 at 12:41 pm 0

On When Teens Commute to Part-time Jobs

@PeggyDear Maybe so? I played a varsity sport and got good grades in addition to working, so it's very surprising for me to hear that there simply isn't time for work. I got a lot more value in my identity as a worker than as a student from a very early age. When I think about my future children and the values I want them to learn, working and budgeting are high on the list.

Posted on April 1, 2015 at 6:53 pm 0

On When Teens Commute to Part-time Jobs

@peacheater That's really surprising to me. Working part-time throughout middle and high school was basically required in my family, and will most likely be required of my future children. Possibly stupid question: how do kids who don't work do any of the things that require money, like socialize or buy groceries? Do parents just give kids money?

Posted on March 31, 2015 at 4:04 pm 0

On When Teens Commute to Part-time Jobs

@PeggyDear Wait, really?? Focus on schoolwork? The amount of homework in high school, even in AP classes, was laughable to me. I worked 25 hours a week at a Dairy Queen, and enjoyed it a lot more than school.

Posted on March 31, 2015 at 4:01 pm 1