• Two cups of coffee at a nondescript diner: $5
• Two tickets to a movie, followed by two scoops of ice cream: $30
• New dress shirt: $50
• Dinner at restaurant, well-reviewed in newspaper: $70
• A bouquet of flowers: $15
• Happy hour drinks: $26
• Groceries to host a Sunday brunch: $45
• Wine tasting: $60
• Tuxedo rental for a wedding as a “plus one” guest: $145
• Day trip to pick apples and go hiking: $36
• Two plane tickets to visit parents: $770
• Bottle of wine as a gift to parents: $60
• New book about the American Civil War, for father, a Civil War enthusiast: $28
• Cab ride from airport, split to make two stops: $45
• A copy of apartment keys: $12
• A box, bought on eBay, to put keys in: $20
• Groceries for dinner for two: $80
• A man with a van to move one set of apartment things into another apartment: $200, including tip
• New dishes: $60
• Grocery shopping for two: $110
• One half share for new couch: $450
• Two pints of Ben & Jerry’s to eat while sitting on said couch: 2 for $5 deal
• A Netflix streaming subscription split among two: $4
• A room divider, to provide each other with individual space: $100
• A night out alone, with friends: $60
• Another night out alone, with friends: $50
• Another night out alone, with friends: $30
• An inflatable mattress: $45
• Plane ticket for one to visit parents: $300
• The other half for the couch: $450
• Takeout delivery for one: $25
• Coffee for one at a nondescript diner: $2.50
B. Benson is an office drone.
So sad, so true.
Noooooo I was so full of hope and joy, then you crushed me!
…and a happy monday to us all :(
(very pretty, very sad)
Never split the couch!
@Meaghano Yes! This was the lesson of King Solomon – the one who truly loves the couch would rather give it up than see it harmed.
@Josh Michtom@facebook Never split the baby! Or the 12 tribes of Israel? Unclear.
Aw, Bob! :(
I’m moved and sad like everyone else, but $12 seems like a lot for copying keys, no?
@aeroaeroaero If the front door is one of those DO NOT COPY keys, it costs a lot more. Also, I’ve had as many as four keys associated with an apartment.
@aeroaeroaero Try seven keys. My old apartment had two front door keys, two back door keys, a gate key, a basement door key, and a basement gate key. So yeah, it can be a lot.
What’s a “box, bought on eBay, to put keys in”? Totally not getting this one…
@coupdefoudre I was thinking maybe it was supposed to be kind of like a proposal…a “let’s move into together” proposal with keys instead of a ring?
@coupdefoudre Perhaps a valet, because someone’s fancy? http://www.sterlingandburke.com/store/JW-Hulme-Desk-Valet-in-American-Heritage-Leather.html
@coupdefoudre I think it’s just a hide-a-key scenario.
Agh, as someone who recently poured a lot of time/energy/funds (gas, tolls, personal grooming) into a short-lived and ultimately ill-fated short-but-significant-distance relationship…yes. Just: yes. Thanks, Bob.
Comments are closed!