This week, Connecticut passed a law allowing liquor sales on Sundays. And thus, one more blue law bites the dust.
• Blue law, n:
- A law prohibiting certain activities, such as shopping, on a Sunday.
- (in colonial New England) A strict religious law.
• For example: The ban of alcohol sales on Sundays
• States that ban Sunday liquor sales, but allow beer and wine sales: Alabama, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia
• States that ban Sunday liquor, beer, and wine sales: Indiana
• The year we’re living in, just as a reminder: 2012