As told to me by a felon:
1. Leave your debit card at a bar.
2. But don’t realize it until you’re checking out at the cafeteria, and the cashier asks for your debit card, and you find that … you don’t have it.
3. Also have no cash. And no credit cards.
4. Say, sheepishly: “I’m sorry, this is embarrassing, but I left my card. I’ll just put this salad back.”
5. When the cashier says, “Just take it and run,” listen to her.
6. Take it, run.
7. Eat salad without a fork, because, while running, you ran past the utensils.