We squander health in search of wealth.
We scheme and toil and save,
then squander wealth in search of health
and all we get is a grave.
We live and boast of what we own,
We die and only get a stone (Unknown)
Places where people have been inspired by this poem enough to make note of it on the Internet and also perhaps change their lives and behaviors:
1. Loprinzi’s Gym, Portland, Ore.
2. Tombstone inscription, unidentified WVa. cemetery
3. A.R. Leak Funeral Home, Chicago, Ill.
4. Bacolod Sanitarium and Hospital, Bacolod City, Philippines
5. On a plaque above the mirror in a pub, in an unidentified town in Malaysia, presumably Kuala Lumpur
6. Page 218, From John O’Groats to Land’s End by Robert Naylor and John Naylor
8. This post??????????